“Simply let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ be ‘No.”’
Matthew 5:37 NKJV
At some point in your life, you have to say NO to good things so you can say YES to the great things God is calling you to do.
No is a simple answer but rarely an easy one.
For those who are challenged by saying “NO”, here are ten different ways to say it:
1. I would prefer another option.
2. I would love to say yes to everything, but that would be stupid.
3. Someone would be awesome at this, I am not that person.
4. Some things have come up that need my attention.
5. We should rethink this.
6. My instincts tell me I’m just not suitable for this.
7. It would cause the slow withering death of my soul.
8. Um, no.
9. My plate is already full but I will be happy to suggest somebody else’s plate to put it on.
10. No, I’m doing all I can right now but thank you for giving me the opportunity.
What do you need to say “NO” to today in order to make room for the right “Yes”?