“Simply let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ be ‘No.”’
Matthew 5:37 NKJV
A simple answer but rarely an easy one.
At some point, you will need to say NO to good things so you can say YES to the things God is calling you to.
For those who are challenged by saying “NO”, here are ten different ways to say it:
1. I would prefer another option.
2. I would love to say yes to everything, but that would be stupid.
3. Someone would be awesome at this, I am not that person.
4. Some things have come up that need my attention.
5. We should rethink this.
6. My instincts tell me I’m just not suitable for this.
7. It would cause the slow withering death of my soul.
8. Um, no.
9. My plate is already full but I will be happy to suggest somebody else’s plate to put it on.
10. No, I’m doing all I can right now but thank you for giving me the opportunity.
What do you need to say “NO” to in order to make room for the right “Yes”?
This is so relevant. Thank you. I’m learning. I consciously said “no” two times yesterday in order start my vacation today without added stress. I need to work on not feeling guilty.